Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job Category: Database Admin
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: MYR 3,000 - 6,000
Years of Experience Required: 3 years
No. of Vacancies: 1
Date Posted: 22 November 2017
Job Description & Requirements
We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role.
- Responsible of this role would include owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backup, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Minimum 3+ years of working experience.